Click here check our availability calendar.
If no availability online then please call the hotel directly.
Newport Beach, California has an incredible array of attractions either in town or just a short distance away. From your base at the NEWPORT CHANNEL INN, you can easily visit as many as you wish.
As a NEWPORT CHANNEL INN Guest, many attraction admission discounts are available to you at our front desk. Discount availability changes, and we often get new discounts to offer, so come in and ask before you go. We love to save you money! Below are listed just a few of the diversions available
Step on board the luxurious Catalina Flyer and take a day trip over to Catalina Island. Pods of Dolphins are often spotted from the boat. Enjoy some of the Island's many activities including horseback riding, snorkeling, a trip on a glass bottom boat, exploring the island outback for buffalo, browsing Avalon's shops or just cruising around. Discount tickets are available at the front desk for NEWPORT CHANNEL INN Guests, and our Staff is happy to make reservations for you.
Play your ultimate oceanside round at the fabulous Pelican Hill Golf Club, rated among the top ten courses in the USA. The landscaping alone rivals that of the prestigious Pebble Beach, and there is a view of the ocean from every hole. Newport Beach is the site of many PGA and Senior PGA events (see our Special Events page).
Disneyland® park and Disney's California Adventure park: For details on "The Happiest Place On Earth", see our special Disneyland® Resort page. NEWPORT CHANNEL INN can make your visit to both parks an exceptional value with a Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper Ticket, available for purchase at our front desk!
Knott's Berry Farm: Explore Knott's authentic Old West Ghost Town, go head over heals on thrill-rides and roller coasters, and kids can make friends with the Peanuts gang in magical Camp Snoopy! Fun for the whole family! Discounts available for NEWPORT CHANNEL INN Guests, and Knott's is just 14 miles away.
Universal Studios: Tour the world's busiest motion picture and TV studio. Embark on a wild ride with The Simpsons, experience the fiery Backdraft, and seek out dinosaurs on the Jurassic Park Ride. Catch the live sea war spectacular Waterworld, or find yourself in the middle of a cyber war in the Terminator 2:3D attraction. Discounts available for NEWPORT CHANNEL INN Guests.
Legoland: The perfect place to take a three-to-ten year old on their first visit to an amusement park. Based on Lego toys, it is a kind, gentle, charming adventure park. Teenagers will likely feel out of place and wish they were at Knott's or Six Flags.
Six Flags Magic Mountain: Roller Coaster heaven! More coasters of all types are here than at any other park in the world. Teenagers comprise the vast majority of the crowd, and appreciate all the "air time" that free-fall feeling of weightlessness that roller coaster thrill seekers treasure. Discounts available for NEWPORT CHANNEL INN Guests.
Water Slide Parks: Knott's Soak City U.S.A., a separately gated water adventure park adjacent to Knott's Theme Park, and Wild Rivers Water Slide Park in nearby Irvine, offer tube slides, body slides, vertical chutes, wave riders, and long lazy rivers to keep you soaked during the summer months. Discounts available for NEWPORT CHANNEL INN Guests.
Discounts are available for NEWPORT CHANNEL INN Guests to many of these other attractions:
- Queen Mary: Relive the elegance of this historic ocean liner from stem to stern.
- Aquarium of the Pacific: Awesome display of marine-life and a 3-story predator tank.
- Ripley's 'Believe It or Not' Museum: The unique, the bizarre, and the beautiful.
- Medieval Times Dinner Theater: Pageantry, jousting matches, and sword fights.
- Family Fun Center: Miniature Golf, Go-Karts, Batting cages and Bumper boats.
- Sea World: The home of Shamu the whale is reached in about an hour by toll road.
- San Diego Zoo: One of the finest zoos in the world, about an hour away.
Cultural Sites, Museums, Sports and more:
- Mission San Juan Capistrano: Famed swallows return in the spring.
- Newport Harbor Nautical Museum: Historical nautical exhibits on display at the Balboa Fun Zone.
- Newport Sports Museum: A massive collection of unique and rare memorabilia from a wide range of sports, including baseballs signed by Babe Ruth, Muhammad Ali’s boxing gloves, size 22 shoes worn by Shaq, and much more.
- Crystal Cathedral: Tour the famous sun-filled all-glass church.
- Orange County Museum of Art: Showcase for contemporary American artists.
- Getty Museum: Free admission to one of the world's greatest art collections.
- Orange County Performing Arts Center: Symphony and Broadway productions.
- Discovery Science Center: Hands-on science exploration and 3-D Laser Theater.
- Lyon Air Museum: Experience World War II aircraft up close, including a restored and airworthy B-17 “Flying Fortress” and a B-25 “Mitchell”. Located on the west side of John Wayne Airport.
- Richard Nixon Library: Historical exhibits and birthplace of the 37th President.
- Spectator Sports: Take in an Angels, Mighty Ducks or U. C. Irvine sporting event.
- Big Newport Theater: Latest blockbuster on biggest movie screen west of New York.
- Lido Theater: Blacklights make the audience glow while you watch the show.
- IMAX Theater: IMAX movies presented on giant six stories tall screen, some in 3-D.
- The O C: The popular TV show is set in Newport Beach. Guests may obtain a free self-guided tour map of landmarks mentioned on the show.
So many attractions can really fill your vacation time. Be sure to plan to relax on the beach between adventures. The NEWPORT CHANNEL INN Staff will be happy to assist you with suggestions, tips, and directions to whichever attractions you decide to visit.
You may call us directly at 949 642-3030
We try to answer our E-mails within 24 - 72 hours.
Be sure to include the dates you are interested in and the number of people in your group.
NEWPORT CHANNEL INN
6030 W. Coast Hwy
Newport Beach, CA 92663